Pages

4 May 2010

The Husband Tree by Mary Connealy





Belle Tanner just buried her third worthless husband under a sprawling tree. Now she needs to move her cattle to market before winter sets in. But is the aimless cowpuncher Silas Harden worth hiring on? Silas just escaped the matrimonial noose-only to lose his ranch in the process. Although he's glad for the job, he doubts five females can survive a treacherous cattle drive across the Rockies. With both Belle and Silas determined never to get tangled up with marriage again, love seems bound to lasso them in. Will they survive the drive and make it into the winter unhitched?


My Review:
Another wonderful book by Mary. This is the second in the Montana Marriages. I loved Belle in book one, yes shes a bit tough and unconventional for the day but I could see a determined and strong character.   Right from the first page I was hooked. After her 3rd husband is buried shes determined to never marry again so much so her girls say you will not marry and if she even looks at a man they remind her. Enter Silas who has just escaped a marriage not of his choosing who is just as determined to never marry. They end up on a cattle drive with Belles daughters. We also see Wade back from book one as a changed man, Morning Dove, and 3 cow hands are added to the mix. I love seeing how the girls evolve in this book and also seeing Belle grow also. There are some incidents that cause misunderstanding. Silas cant believe the what the girls think at one stage but given there experience I felt like saying you know what you're thinking but your not sharing with them, you know there histories how can you not work it out! But it does add to the story. I love the humor of the book. This was another I ordered for my birthday and I plan to buy book 3 as soon as I can.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...