Pages

4 May 2010

A cousins courage by Wanda Brunsetter book review





Jolene Yoder returns to Indiana to teach lip reading and sign language to the newly deaf Amish man Lonnie Hershberger. As she begins falling for Lonnie, Jolene wonders if she'll ever see "signs" of his love for her. Lovelorn Lonnie is fighting his attraction to Jolene, especially since she seems smitten by Jake Beechy. And Ella Miller is worried the roving Jake will end up breaking her cousin Jolene's heart, never realizing that Jake has really set his sights on her-Ella! Who will end up with whom as these cousins face challenges in love and life?


My Review:
Another of my birthday books. I really enjoyed this story. Its the last in the Indiana cousins series and its a good ending to the series. I am really loving Wanda's stories and the amish way of life. While they have a special way of life they still face alot of the same issues we do. I think what I love is there much simpler way of life and the sense of community which alot of us are looking for. I enjoyed seeing how Jolene is coping with her disability and how she is able to help Lonnie when he too becomes deaf. The interaction between Ella and Jake is also very interesting. In away its a pity there was only the 3 books as I think both Jolene and Ella could have had their own books but I appreciate the way Wanda weaved this story.  I look forward to more books by Wanda.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...