Pages

4 May 2010

The Bride Blunder by Kelly Eileen Hake with review



In the Nebraskan Territory of 1859, Gavin Miller writes home to request the hand of Miss Marguerite Chandler. Unfortunately, while he never forgot Marguerite was the French word for Daisy, he'd failed to recall that the two cousins shared their grandmother's name, and Marge was the nickname of the wrong Miss Marguerite Chandler! When his surprise bride comes to Buttonwood, unexpectedly followed by the very cousin he'd meant to marry, will Gavin be able to solve The Bride Blunder?

My Review:
Another of my Birthday books. I just finished this book last night and enjoyed the story. Its another book I would have loved to see a 4th book as this book featured 2 interwoven stories featuring both Marge and Midge.  I would have loved for them both to have there own books but love how Kelly worked both stories into one book. I Love Marge she is a great character and away from Baltimore she comes into her own. I also like Gavin although at times his logic is flawed but I look how he thinks. One of the scene stealers in this book is Grandma Miller her sharp wit and always wanting an argument really adds to the story.  This is a good end to the series and I look forward to reading more of Kelly's books.

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

Been wanting to read these. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Blessings!
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...