Pages

14 April 2014

Book Review Falling for the Farmer by Narelle Atkins




About the Book

KATE LAWSON IS A RUNAWAY BRIDE

And she’s incredibly grateful when Jack Bradley offers her a job on his apple farm. Working side by side in the orchards with her best friend’s brother seems like the perfect way to get over her disastrous engagement. Until Kate finds herself falling hard for the handsome farmer.


Jack Bradley knows city-girl Kate isn’t here to stay. Yet suddenly he’s imagining a life with her in the country. When Kate considers going back to the city, can Jack find a way to show her that her real home is here on the farm, by his side?

My Review:

I finally read a book this year. This is my first book book for the year and by debut author Narelle Atkins. I really enjoyed this book. I love the country setting. We start with Kate running away from her wedding and finding a place to think in the country working for her best friend's brother.  Kate and Jacks come from different worlds and backgrounds so its interesting to see how this plays out. I could identify with Jack and many of his traits. I was interested to find out why Kate ran from her wedding and why she needed to get away. We see at the beginning her mother really wanted her to marry Rodney and that is another reason Kate wants to get away. I enjoyed the story and look forward to reading more books by Narelle.



2 comments:

Narelle said...

Hi Jenny, Thank you so much for your lovely review of Falling for the Farmer. I appreciate your support of my writing :)

Dorothy said...

Wow, that really was a TREAT!!!

So glad you had a great day visiting with good friends. That drink looks delicious, too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...