Pages

31 December 2013

2014 what to look forward to.

Before I start have to share my new gift that arrived today. Thanks to Kathy I now have a squirrel for my Christmas Tree.


As we are about to say good bye to 2013 I wonder what will happen in 2014. I am really looking forward to having my Gallbladder out. I don't like the pain and I don't like having to work out what I can and can't eat which is way more than the can. I tried a poached egg yesterday and suffered badly for it. Breakfast is fine, wheat bix with honey and low fat milk, tea/dinner is fine with spaghetti on toast. Lunch is a different issue. I do tend to eat corn beef or other meat when I have it. Would just love to try something else. I don't have a lot of appetite and lost 4.5 kilos although starting to put a little weight back on. 

I also am still dealing with Occipital Neuralgia and learning how to deal with the constant head pain and other issues. With the Gallbladder the head has been forgotten to a degree. I know I am still suffering as when I tire the pain goes up. I often wonder which is tiring me more recovering from the attack or the ON. The meds are helping keep it under control but I have noticed it progressing a little. 

I hope to be able to get back to reading. I can read on the computer better than a book at present as the print in a book is to small and looking down it tends to swim on me and I get dizzy. On the computer I can have it at a larger font. I am not taking on books to review at this stage due to these issues. 

Some people have a word for the year and my word is hope. Hope is the word that is helping me keep going. When things get tough with the ON I know I have Hope that we will find the right answers and the right treatment. Without hope I would be lost. I also have a plaque with Hope on it and when I feel discouraged I look at the plaque to remind me I have hope. 

I am hoping for a much better year physically as this year has been a tough one.

Looking back May was a highlight of this year. I spent the month in America and it was a wonderful experience. Meeting new friends and seeing sights I had really wanted to see. It was a trip to be remembered and treasured. 

Tonight I was originally hoping to go to the cricket at Adelaide oval to see my team the Scorchers play the Strikers. I knew I couldn't go due to the noise and also accommodation costs. As it turned out I was to sick to go anyway but I do plan to watch it tonight on tv and cheer on the Scorchers from the comfort of my lounge room.

Good bye 2013 Hello 2014

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...