Pages

25 April 2013

Getting to know you Thursdays with Amanda Flower

Please join me in welcoming Mystery writer Amanda Flower to my blog. I really love Amanda's current series and can't wait for book 3. I have posted a review in the post below.



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m a college librarian who spends most of her time outside the library writing mystery novels.

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?
My favorite book was Charlotte’s Web, but my favorite series was The Baby-Sitters Club. Every time I helped my dad grocery shop, he bought me a BSC novel from the book section of the grocery store. That’s how I became a lifelong reader. (Jenny here, I never read the baby sitters club books but loved the tv series)

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?
For me, it’s always been mysteries. My favorite Baby-Sitters Club books were the mystery ones. I love trying to figure out who the culprit is before the end of the story.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?
Lois Walfrid Johnson, Lois Gladys Leppard, and Robin Jones Gunn to name a few.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?
I knew I wanted to be an author when I read a story I wrote to my sixth grade class and had the class in stitches with my description of being stuck on the top of a Ferris wheel. At that moment, I knew I’d found my calling of making people laugh with my words.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?
By hard work and stubbornness. It took me nine years to see my first novel released. That was Maid of Murder, and it was an Agatha Award finalist in 2010 for best first mystery. It was a dream come true.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?
A librarian, which I am. It’s an awesome career.

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?
I like to travel, make jewelry, and hang out with my niece and nephew, whom I spoil rotten.

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?
I love to travel, so I do have a life list of where I’d like to go. Right now, my top three are Spain, Alaska, and the Caribbean. (I would love to see Alaska too)

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?
I think it would be my three editors: one from B&H, one from Zondervan, and one from Penguin. It would be interesting and terrifying to hear them talk about my writing together. Most likely, I wouldn’t want to be there. I would send a sub and make the sub report back everything she heard.

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.

Currently, I’m writing the second mystery of my Amish Quilt Shop Mystery Series, which I write as Isabella Alan. The first book, Murder, Plain and Simple, will release the first week of September 2013. A Plain Disappearance, #3 in the Appleseed Creek Mystery Series, and my first children’s mystery, Andi Unexpected, will release the same week. That’s three books in the same week. I’m so excited about it!

I love connecting with readers online. Readers can find me on my website www.amandaflower.com on Social Media at: Facebook Twitter Goodreads Pinterest

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...