Pages

15 September 2012

Getting to know you interview with Melanie Carter Winkler

Please welcome Melanie Carter Winkler to my blog this week. Melanie is an Aussie author who has a new book out. 



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? I am a wife, and have been married for over 10 years. I grew up in NSW then as an adult with my now husband moved to Victoria and Western Australia which is where I live. My husband is a teacher and we are both heavily involved in children’s ministries at our church.

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books? I remember reading the little golden books, but as a young child I wasn’t much a reader.

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write? I mainly read and write Inspirational Romance, but I don’t mind the odd mystery. There might be a slight bit of mystery but not much, I focus more on the romance.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you? I think the first author that I really read was Janette Oke, and the Theones as they were the books in my library at school. As i have grown i have enjoyed Dee Henderson and Lori Wick, but i have to be careful what i read if i am deep in writing as they can influence me. Kristen Heiztmann is another favourite that i have come to enjoy.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author? I know for a lot of people they author journey started in school. Mine was quite a few years later. I had a few story ideas but knew they probably wouldn’t go anywhere, they would be just for me. Then I got reading a writer’s site, and got seriously thinking about writing. The site explained what queries, synopsis and proposals are. So i guess that would have been about 7 years ago.  Then two or three years ago I got a devotional article published and i kind of knew then I NOW was a writer.

6. How did you go about becoming an author? First was just writing and wondering where and if it was going to go anywhere. i researched some writing sites that had other writers on them. I learnt more about the craft of writing. I met someone who helped me learn more and we wrote a book together. Someone suggested I submit a devotional and it was exciting when the letter came of acceptance. I think it was learning things on different sites and reading books on writing. It all together helped me become an author that people might want to read.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be? I guess in a perfect world a singer. I do have an all right voice, and i do sing solos at times. Though i watched these talent shows and know i am no where close to them. I am waiting patiently to be a mum.

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do? I do some knitting and card making. But also have choir obligations and things at church. I love singing and listening to music, but sometimes that is while writing.

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?I would love to visit various places in the United States, as I have many writer friends i want to meet. I am sure Europe would be amazing to see, especially the old castles. The places I have visited is New Zealand and Tasmania, which have a similar feel and writing there is so easy when you are not busy touring.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why? This is hard one. I would like to touch base with some authors i admire. But these are authors who like me are self-published. Tommie Lyn (...And Night Falls), Samantha Fury (Charlie’s Angel) and maybe a more famous author. Just choosing one would be hard.


Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.
Rosewood was realised in July 2012. It is on Smashwords and Amazon. It is a true romance, and the issues that the couple must face in their relationship. There is a blurb on both sites. and really good review on the Amazon Kindle version.  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/181138
 
Still in process of writing book 2 and 3 in the series. They titles are still in production so, can’t let you know yet.
I have a website that has some short stories and blogs on it.

2 comments:

Samantha Fury said...

I think Melanie is a fine writer. We've known each other for years, though we have never met. I'm honored that she would chose me as one of those she'd like to meet.

I wish her much success in her writing career. Everyone should check out her debut novel Rosewood.

Samantha Fury

Unknown said...

Good interview! Like Samantha, I want to say thanks for thinking of me. Looking forward to more good stories from Melanie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...