Pages

15 July 2010

Getting to know you Thursdays with Linore Rose Burkard

Please join me in welcoming Linore Rose Burkard to my blog today once again its been good getting to know Linore.


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? 
I am an historical romance writer, with three published books set during the Regency, which is
early 19th century England. (Think Jane Austen settings.) I have five kids and a great husband,
and we live in Ohio now. 

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books? 
I loved to read as a child, and I had MANY favorites. The Little House books, The Moffats books, Old Yeller, Mrs. Frisbee and the Rats of NIMH, The Boy Who Had the Power, Little Women, and many more. Oh, I have to mention The Good Earth, as I still love that book. 

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and write? 
My favourite genre to write is Regency, but I like to read a lot of stuff, particularly
historicals. I don't like horror or anything that ends unhappily. 


4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?
 
Georgette Heyer, Jane Austen, Dickens, and James Herriott. (Not so much when I was growing up, maybe Pearl S. Buck and Eleanor Estes when I was young.)


5. When did you know you wanted to be an author? 
I really knew at around age 9, but never dreamed I would be.


6. How did you go about becoming an author? 
After I wrote the book I really wanted to read, I self-published it; and then spent
almost two years learning to establish a web presence and market the book. A senior
editor at Harvest House noticed my book and asked to read it, and then I got contracted for
two books by Harvest. 

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be? 
An interior decorator or artist.  I'd have to do something creative, because other
work quickly becomes tedious and boring to me. 

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do? 
I like to  be with my family, garden, draw, homeschool, bake, and decorate. 

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit? 
I really must see England! My husband has been there, but I haven't made it over yet. : ) 

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why? 
My parents ( I see them less than once a year);  and my childhood best friend, a Chinese girl who I've lost touch with. It would be great to reconnect. 
(Jenny Here I do hope you can reconnect with your friend)

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.
 

I've been working on a time-travel romance, which, not surprisingly, involves a Regency gentleman, and a contemporary
woman. I'm also casting about for a good start for a Southern historical, and I'm very interested in doing a Dolley Madison
era story.  I've got some fun readers' resources which are free on my website, so your readers can go and scroll down
this page and take what they like: http://www.LinoreBurkard.com/resources.html 

Short description of The Country House Courtship
England, 1818: It has been five years since Ariana Forsythe married The Paragon, Mr. Phillip Mornay. Now, Ariana's sister, Miss Beatrice Forsythe, is seventeen and determined to marry advantageously as well. (Surely Ariana's society connexions all but guarantee Beatrice's success-especially if Mr. Mornay is created a baronet by the Prince Regent!
But the Mornay's have disappeared from high society as they raise a family at their country estate. Can Beatrice persuade them to chaperone her in London? And what about her business with the curate, Mr. O'Brien, whom Beatrice rashly promised to marry years earlier? She is too sophisticated now to settle for a mere clergyman-despite his agreeable countenance and gentle, understanding ways. When Mr. Tristan Barton becomes tenant of the Manor House, Beatrice's hopes seem to have found their object. But when Ariana falls gravely ill, secrets come to light, motives are revealed, and pretenses that are easy to keep up in the darkness begin to crumble. As hearts are bared and truths uncovered, a country house courtship like no other cannot be far behind!
Fans of Linore's first books, Before the Season Ends, and The House on Grosvenor Square, will be delighted with final addition to the Regency Inspirational Series, as will all readers of historical romance.

2 comments:

Pepper said...

Hidee Linore and Jenny,
Linore, it's always great to hear from you! Your books are such fun reads. You knew you wanted to be a writer when you were 9? Me too. Okay, so that gives me a little more hope ;-) Plus you have 5 kids and are writing. (Another thing that makes me hopeful in this dream)
I hope you are well. It's so good to 'see' you here.
Great interview, Jenny.

Linore Rose Burkard, Novelist said...

Thank you, Pepper! It's always good to run into you on the web. : ) And yes, keep your dream alive because you are definitely on the path, and have real talent. Put family first, and God will take care of the rest.
HUGS,

Linore
AND PS TO JENNY: Thanks for letting me stop by, my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...