Pages

18 November 2009

My review of A Blue and Gray Christmas



Paperback

Number of Pages: 352


Vendor: Barbour PublishingPublication


ISBN: 1602605653


ISBN-13: 9781602605657






Product discussion:


Surrender yourself to the forces of love in four engaging Civil War Christmas romances. Join up with Leah Woods as she searches for her missing fiance in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Stick to your guns with Arabella Lambert as she pledges her allegiance to pacifist Barry Birch, a man labeled a coward. Ride out the storm with Rachel Thornton as she resists her attraction to the wounded artist James Galloway. Saddle up with Confederate-born Hannah McIntosh as she falls for Chris Haley, an embittered Union soldier. Can these couples forge an everlasting union in the tide of civil war?

My Review:
I have always been interested in the Civil War era and this is an interesting novella. Each Story is at a different year in the war starting around the time of the battle of Fredericksburg. Each story is complete on its own but the certral theme is the Civil War. We see the best and worst in people during this time. I really enjoyed the way each story played out and the lessons we can still learn today from these stories. I can't imagine what it would be like to be at war with my neighbouring state (we are around 10 minutes from the border) and the devestation war brings.
This is a great novella and I just love the cover.
This book was purchased by me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...