Pages

7 September 2009

Getting to know you Monday with Margaret Daley

Hi all for Sept I am adding a getting to know you Monday. Today we have Margaret Daley and the next few weeks will be readers who have blogs.


Welcome Margaret to my blog thanks for taking the time to be here this week.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Up until last year I taught children with special needs for twenty-seven years. Last year I retired from teaching to become a full-time writer. I also am the Volunteer Officer for American Christian Fiction Writers, a national organization with 1900 members. I have been married to my husband for almost thirty-nine years and I have one son and four grandchildren. To date I have sold sixty-five books and hope to sell many more.

2. When you were a child did you have a favorite book or books?

I loved reading Nancy Drew books, which probably accounts for the fact today I love to read suspense and mysteries.

3. Do you have a favorite genre to both read and right write?

I love to read and write romantic suspense/adventures.

4. Did you have favorite authors growing up who have influenced you?

No, other than the person who wrote the Nancy Drew books.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

Not until I was in my late twenties. I have always been a storyteller, but I never dreamed of being a writer when I was growing up.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?

I read a lot of romances. One day I decided I would try my hand at writing. From that point on I began to learn the craft of writing to put all those stories I kept coming up with down on paper.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?

The other job I did was to teach children with special needs, and I loved to do that.

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?

Be with my family, go to the lunch and the movies with my friends.

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?

My favorite place to visit was Tahiti. Bora Bora was gorgeous. I’d love to go back there and lay on the beach. I also loved England and Scotland. I would love to go to Ireland one day as well as Australia.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people, who would you choose and why?

James Rollins because I love his books. Rick Warren because I would love to talk to him about Jesus. Gary Chapman because I would love to talk to him about the five love languages.

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.

Second Chance Family is the fourth book in my Fostered by Love series and Together for the Holidays is the fifth one.

Back Blurb of Second Chance Family, July 2009, Love Inspired:
Dedicated teacher assistance Whitney Maxwell gave up her dream of a family years ago. But she’s about to get a lesson in faith and family from an unexpected source—a brave little boy named Jason. Jason and his dad are dealing with his autism the best they can, but Dr. Shane McCoy can’t put his tragic past behind him. As Whitney and Shane work together to help his son, could these two lost souls open their hearts to love again and become a lasting family?

Back Blurb of Together for the Holidays, November 2009, Love Inspired:
A single mother with a traumatic past, Lisa Morgan only wants to raise her son with love and values. But lately the boy is struggling. When is basketball coach becomes a reluctant role model, Lisa is relieved. Until she learns that David Russell is also a cop. She’s not read to share her past—or her heart. And neither is the world-weary detective. Yet as Christmas comes closer, the true meaning of the holiday brings them together in ways they never dared dream.

My web site is http://www.margaretdaley.com and my blog is http://margaretdaley.blogspot.com .

Margaret has a giveaway for us also. If you would like to win second chance family just leave a note in the comments with a way to contact you (if your account is linked to blogger with your email I can reach you that way) You have till Thursday noon Aussie time the 17th.

8 comments:

lilac grandma said...

Love Margaret's books!

Myra Johnson said...

Always fun to get to know more about my ACFW chapter friend Margaret! Next time you go to Tahiti, can I tag along??? Great interview, AusJenny!

Jphillips1107 said...

This book is absolutely awesome! I loved it.

Margaret Daley said...

Thanks, Lilac Grandma, Myra and Jessiecue for stopping by.
Margaret

Jewelz said...

Sounds good!
Please enter me :)
joyfuljewelz (at) gmail.com

Jenny said...

Thanks for the interview, ladies.

I can't imagine working a full time job, raising a family, and still having the time to write 65 books - all I can say is WOW!

Lady Araujo said...

Oh my, that book sounds very good. Thanks for this giveaway. Please, enter me. I'd love to read this book.

God's blessings
marthanadnny(at)hotmail(dot)com

Cherie J said...

Wonderful interview! I love Mararet's books and don't have this one so I would love to be entered in the drawing. Thank you!

cherierj(at)yahoo(dot)com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...