I got this cool meme from Camy's loft (thanks, Camy!).
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
I dont really remember mum use to read to me from the time I was little and I always loved reading. I remember when I got pocket money I use to buy little golden books (kids story books)
2. What are some books you read as a child?
I remember when I was about 6 or 7 on my birthday I got a book with fairie tales. one was The Snow Queen and I loved that book. Love Enid Byton I wanted to go up the faraway tree. Wanted to join the circus and enjoyed the Naughtiest Girl at school. I loved the Little house on the Prairre books. 2 books I read and read were Betsy (cant remember alot now about it) and Helen Kellar's Teacher. (about Annie Sullivan), Love the Narnia series also.
3. What is your favorite genre?
Its hard to say but Historical would be one of my favorites but I like contempary also. I am not big on suspense or horror.
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
No There are books I loved and will always keep, The Canadian West series by Janette Oke got me back into reading after many years. I feel in love with mounties and the Canadian West.
I love Mary Conneally's books they are humorous and set in the west I do like the west and westerns. Gilbert Morris also has some books I love.
5. Where do you usually read?
In my room often on my bed but also in the lounge room and when at the bookshop I have a book for the slow times. But read alot in bed.
6. When do you usually read?
more at night or afternoon.
7. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Normally only one but at the moment im reading an ebook mainly at the bookshop and another one.
8. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
9. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
I normally buy books but sometimes borrow from friends
10. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
I tend to certain books and I have several autographed now.
We are starting a church library and alot will go there, alot went to friend and the town Library. Its a way to get christian fiction into the general public and they do appreciate it.
11. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
I dont have kids but I buy alot of books for my neices and nephews. When babysitting I ways take books. The dear God books are really cool. I love Pamela Allen's books they rythme so well.
12. What are you reading now?
Gunfight at Grace Gulch by Darlene Franklin
on computer All the voices of the wind by Donald James Parker
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
Yes plus I have a couple of hundred unread to go on it..
14. What’s next?
I have a couple to read but not sure of the names.
but more of the cozy mysteries I hope.
15. What books would you like to reread?
to many to name but Calico Ranch by Mary Coneally is one.
16. Who are your favorite authors?
Robin Jones Gunn
and many more
Your turn! Do this meme on your blog and leave a link in the comments!