Pages

28 January 2018

Book Review: Cracked Ice Featuring Darlene Franklin


One December night, an ice storm blows through Oklahoma City, leaving thousands without power. Meet the residents of Primrose Apartments. Young, old, alone, in love, prey and predator. What happens when the lights go out? LINDA’S YULETIDE LINKS by Darlene Franklin Linda Turner doesn't mind being homebound. Not as long as her aides arrive on time. Not as long as her life-sustaining machines keep running. But what happens an ice storm makes driving impossible, power unavailable--and her batteries run down? SIBLINGS by Toni Chism Matt and Harry have remained both brothers and friends their whole lives, strengthened by a boyhood vow to never let anything come between them. When an ice storm blows both frosty air and two beautiful women into their midst, will their vow hold to the very end? EVER AFTER by Bill Garrison Kim is starting life over in a new apartment with her three kids, when an intruder breaks in and threatens everything she holds dear. Survival may depend on the one thing she had given up on, her family. VEILED IN ICE by Kat Lewis My name is Celeste Ventris and there are two things I'm sure of. One, my wedding is tomorrow. And, two, I'm pretty certain there's a thief in my apartment. Merry-freakin'-Christmas to me. FOLLOWING AFTER by Sue Merriam Nora Bitterman has just completed the perfect crime. Everything so well planned, she’ll never get caught - or will she? BAD HAIR DAY by Shannon Pearson Ashlee wonders if she will ever get married. An ice storm cancels their plans, is it the end of the line for her and Ryan? BINARY by Chris Tarpley Jacob has been free of his sadistic and wicked twin brother John for years. Now, John is coming to visit. With John and Jacob together again in the same small space, what will happen when the lights go out? CRACKED ICE: What Happens When the Lights Go Out? is the second volume of short stories compiled by members of Oklahoma Christian Fiction Writers. Several authors appear in both Legacy Letters and Cracked in Ice.


My Review:
This book has several short stories in it all totally different. There were some I really loved and a few I didn't connect with as well but I am sure others would connect with them. I like the premise of this book where we see a blackout in one apartment block and what happens to different residents. I have to say I am not sure I want to be in this apartment building. I also have never been in an ice storm to have this happen but we did have a statewide blackout a year ago for many hours and its interesting how you realise just how reliant we are on electricity.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...