Pages

18 March 2024

Book Review | One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey

 



Today I am Reviewing One Wrong Move by Dani Pettrey

Book description

Taunting riddles.
A deadly string of heists.
Two broken hearts trapped in a killer's game.


Christian Macleod was pulled into a life of crime at a young age by his con artist parents. Now making amends for his corrupt past, he has become one of the country's foremost security experts. When a string of Southwestern art heists captures the FBI's attention, Christian is paired up with a gifted insurance investigator who has her own checkered past.

Andi Forster was a brilliant FBI forensic analyst until one of her colleagues destroyed her career, blaming her for mishandling evidence. She now puts those skills to work investigating insurance fraud, and this latest high-stakes case will test her gift to the limit. Drawn deep into a dangerous game with an opponent bent on revenge, Christian and Andi are in a race against the clock to catch him, but the perpetrator's game is far from finished, and one wrong move could be the death of them both.

My Review

Thanks to Netgalley for my review copy.

I watched an interview with Dani Pettrey about this book and it made me want to read it. There is something about Private detectives that interest me. In this book Andi is an insurance investigator and Christian is a private detective with skills in security. They meet at a crime scene and end up working the case together. The bad guys are playing with them leaving clues on Andi's car. We learn early on Andi was a former FBI agent working in the lab. From the blurb we know Christian was raised by con artists for parents but will take a while to learn his whole story. Other characters include Christian's brother Deckard and sister Riley, along with Andi's friend Harper plus a couple others. As well as the bad guys.

The action starts from the start and continues right through the book. We also have the romance happening as well. there are many twists and turns which kept me reading. This wasn't a light read but each day I ended wanting to read more but I also needed sleep. It is my first book by Dani Pettrey but it won't be my last. I normally don't read a lot of suspense mainly stick to Love Inspired Suspense but may now read more in this genre. I eagerly await the next book in this series to see what will happen next in this family of Detectives.

There is a strong faith thread throughout the book as well. I would love to say more but I don't give away spoilers.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...