Please welcome Alana Terry to my blog for her book cover reveal and a chance to win a book and Kobo Mini reader. Check the bottom of this post for details.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself? I am a stay-at-home mom with three wonderful boys. I am married to a youth pastor, and when I'm not writing or homeschooling, I'm probably pacing or reading.
2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books? My dad read some of the Narnia books to us growing up. I remember these as some of my favorites. (I loved the Narnia books too)
3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write? Definitely suspense. I also like to read historical fiction.
4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you? I really like Brock and Bodie Theone and their historical fiction series set around WWII.
5. When did you know you wanted to be an author? I remember being three and dictating stories to my dad to type up. Basically, I remember wanting to be a writer even before I knew how to read.
6. How did you go about becoming an author? I've done all kinds of writing: college journalism, freelance columns and articles, special-needs blogs, and more. My special-needs blog eventually morphed into a memoir, and some time in there I started writing novels as well.
7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be? There are lots of things I've had interest in. I enjoy science and could probably enjoy some kind of teaching job. With my experience with a special-needs baby, I also thought at one point becoming a hospital chaplain would be a rewarding career.
8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do? I love spending time with my boys. We try to get outdoors as much as we can.
9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit? I miss my extended family. We don't live very close so only see them every few years. We'd love to take a long vacation there!
10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why? Well, my family is pretty awesome, but if I had to choose someone else, I'd love to get together with my three living grandparents and let them spend time getting to know their great-grandchildren!
Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.
My next novel, Slave Again, will be released this summer (see the book trailer here). You can secure a free copy of it when you make a donation to Liberty in North Korea, an organization dedicated to helping refugees who escape North Korea. You can also read my debut novel, The Beloved Daughter, which is the story of a young girl sent to a North Korean prison camp for her father's faith.