Pages

4 April 2013

Getting to know you Thursdays with Sherry Kyle


Please help me welcome Sherry Kyle to my blog today. Here book was released on April 1.


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?


Sure! Thanks for asking. I’m a wife of twenty-four years, mom to four amazing kids, and a writer of novels for women and books for tween girls that ReConnect Faith and Fiction. I live along the coast in central California and enjoy reading, watching movies, and taking walks along the beach.

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?


When I was a child, I loved to read Nancy Drew books, The Little House on the Prarie series, and Anne of Green Gables. I also enjoyed reading the silly antics of Amelia Bedelia.

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and write?


Yes! I’m drawn to contemporary women’s fiction and write in that genre as well. Both my novels, Delivered with Love and The Heart Stone, are considered women’s fiction with a touch of romance and a hint of mystery.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?


I don’t know if any of my favorite authors growing up influenced me as much as my writing friends now. Karen O’Connor has been a huge influence in my life as my mentor and critique partner. She now writes for the senior market and does it with humor and grace.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?


I knew I wanted to be an author when I read books to my children when they were small. I’ve always been a creative person and enjoyed the idea of creating my own story world.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?


I started out taking classes at The Institute of Children’s Literature and going to writers conferences, such as The Mount Hermon Christian Writers Conference and American Christian Fiction Writers. By learning the craft of writing, I was able to make my first sale. The Christian Girl’s Guide to Style, was released by Legacy Press in 2010 and is a winner of a Gold Mom’s Choice Award. My next book for girls releases this summer.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?


If I weren’t a writer, I’d be a realtor. I love researching property, and matching them with prospective buyers. I also have my bachelor’s in Speech Pathology and would go back to school to finish my master’s degree.

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?


I like to hang out with my family, take walks with friends, or cook in my newly remodeled kitchen!

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?


I just saw Andrea Bocelli singing in Italy on a PBS show and it looked breathtakingly beautiful! I could go there in a heartbeat. I would also like to visit Australia. My husband is a surfer and I’ve always wanted to visit Sydney.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?


Great question! Hmm. I love to eat dinner with my husband and four kids, as boring as that sounds. Family meals keep us bonded!

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that willbe coming out soon.
I’m excited to share The Heart Stone, my second novel with Abingdon Press, hit store shelves on April 1st.
Here’s the back cover copy:

TWO WOMEN. TWO JOURNEYS.
A SEASON THAT MAY CHANGE THEIR LIVES FOREVER.

When the alcoholic father of Jessica MacAllister’s son reappears in their lives, Jessica and her son go to her Uncle George for advice and refuge.

Following a year of grief, Evelyn Sweeney is finally ready to move on. As she ponders her new path in life, her mind drifts to her first love, George MacAllister.

When the lives of these two women cross, they discover that one heart-shaped ring binds their stories together. But will the results be a rekindled faith and new hope? Or will it lead them both back into the darkness they’ve fought for so long?

Also where we can find you on the web?


I’d love for you to visit my website at www.sherrykyle.com. You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter.
Thanks again for your time and agreeing to be on my blog.
Thank you so much for having me.
Blessings!
Sherry Kyle

2 comments:

Rose Dee said...

I'm going to get this book. Sounds like my kind of read. Thank you for this interview, Jenny. I recently 'friended' Sherry on Facebook and was delighted to then find this piece you had done on her and her new release.

Rose Dee said...

I'm going to get this book. Sounds like my kind of read. Thank you for this interview, Jenny. I recently 'friended' Sherry on Facebook and was delighted to then find this piece you had done on her and her new release.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...