Pages

13 August 2012

Book Review A Plain Death by Amanda Flower


A Plain Death: An Appleseed Creek Mystery (Appleseed Creek Mystery Series #1) by Amanda Flower

Welcome to Appleseed Creek, the heart of Ohio’s Amish Country, where life is not as serene as it seems.

While her Cleveland friends relocated to Southern California and Italy, 24-year-old computer whiz Chloe Humphrey moves with some uncertainty to Appleseed Creek to direct technology services at a nearby college. Her first acquaintance is Becky, an ex-Amish teenager looking for a new home.

While driving Chloe’s car, Becky collides with a buggy, killing an Amish elder. But what looks like an accident is soon labeled murder when police discover the car’s cut brake line.

Now, Chloe must take on the role of amateur sleuth to discover who the real intended victim was before the murderer makes a second attempt. Becky’s handsome Amish-turned-Mennonite brother, Timothy, a local carpenter, comes in handy along the way. With God’s help, they’ll solve the mystery that’s rocking this small community


My Review:
Thanks Netgalley for my review copy.

I loved the look of this book and I wasn't disappointed. I am still recovering so reading has taken longer than I would like but this book had me wanting to read faster than I could. This is different from most Amish books. We have a heroine, Chloe who is not Amish and has moved to Appleseed  Creek to work. On her way to her new home she encounters Becky an Amish Teen who is looking for a new way of life. We also meet Becky's brother who has also left the Amish and is now going to a Mennonite Church. We see a death of a beloved Amish Biship and Becky is involved. This leads to Chloe and Timothy trying to find out the truth. I love how we learn more about the differences between different Amish districts and questions an outsider would have. Also seeing Chloe in her new job with the different work members. There was drama happening in many areas of her life which added to the story. I have to admit I was tiring of reading amish books but this one is different and gave a fresh perspective. Good read.

.



1 comment:

Loree Huebner said...

Thanks for the review. I look forward to reading, A Plain Death

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...