21 July 2012

Latest on Ausjenny

Hi all, Thought I would give you the update on me. I am improving slowly. This week I manage a little work not long but its a start. I am still weak but the dizziness is gone which is nice and I haven't felt nauseated since Monday. Both these are a big improvement. I am struggling to drink 3 litres every day. I am in bed early for a few days by 7pm. The past few days its before 8pm with lights out around 8.15pm. I have basically fallen asleep reading. I am taking forever to read a book which is also annoying me. 

The latest is I now have a cold which has really knocked me. I am hoping it doesn't get any worse as today has been extremely tiring. 

I have a bigger appreciation for people who have illnesses such as Fibromyalgia, MS, and other illnesses that sap a persons strength. I know I will improve where as many with these illnesses suffer on a daily basis. I have also learnt it is ok to ask for help. I don't have the strength to walk down the street to do any shopping  and rely on rides. At present I also get a ride with a friend to visit mum and have to limit it to about 15 mins cos I am just not up to longer visits. I figure I am allowed to take time for myself to fully recover. I am still awaiting the Ambulance bill but have now signed up so that will not be an issue in future.

I have had people ask why I text my friend when I finally got to the mobile phone. Looking back I understand the question and I also realise I could have died on the floor. When I look back its scary how bad the situation was. At the time I didn't know which was good. My mind set was after I fainted and came too which wasn't long my first thought was to try and get warm. I had a couple of towels which I put under me and was able to get a polar fleece blanket I had in the area around me. I then was able to get my parka also. In the back of my mind I knew who I was going to ring and knew I would get to the landline. I was able to move onto the carpet where it was warmer and get to another blanket. I also realised it was going to take time to get to the phone. When I moved to where my backpack was and my mobile. This gets to the question why text my friend 5 hours away. The night before friends knew I wasn't well and that I was worried. My friend said let me know in the morning how you are. This was in my head the whole time I must let Rosemary know. When I got the phone I was almost out of battery, I didn't think to ring 000 cos I wasn't a member of the ambulance and I still thought I would get to the other phone. So I text, "battery almost dead, on floor and I'm scared". I am not sure what I expected. But she rang me and I was able to give the phone number of friends over the road who came found me and called the ambulance. It wasn't until after she rang that I realised I would never have gotten to the other phone. God was watching over me and I am sure he had it all in his hands. I actually wasn't really worried about not being found. I knew it was bad but didn't know how bad. Even when the Ambulance people were saying how much blood I had lost and the fact they couldn't find a pulse in my wrist (which I couldn't either) I still didn't realise how bad it was. 

I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me and sending special messages. It has been very much appreciated. I can't wait for the day I can read for more than about 10 mins.


Helen W said...

Yes Jenny, you are allowed to take time to rest and recover!! Keeping you in my prayers. God bless!

Loree Huebner said...

Lifting you up in prayer, Jenny.

Feel better!

Anonymous said...

One day at a time. Good to know you're steadily improving. Yes, God had His hand on you no matter what steps you took. Praying for your continued recovery!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...