Pages

26 July 2012

Getting to know you Thursdays with Justina Page


Please welcome Justina Page to my blog today. I meet Justina online and after reading her story I am sure many of you will be interested and inspired. Reading about the story reminded me of when so many Aussies were hurt and burnt in Bali because of the Bali bombings. Please take the time to check our her website also.


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
 I have been happily married for 25 years to my soul mate James Page Jr. I was blessed to be the mother of six beautiful sons, Jonathon, Joseph, Caleb, Daniel, Amos, and Benjamin Page. I am the founder and Executive Director of The Amos House of Faith, a nonprofit organization that supports children and families affected by burn trauma. I am an author, speaker, and burn survivor advocate. 

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?

Judy Blume – that’s what all the girls read! LOL

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?

I love to read and write both Christian nonfiction and fiction. I love true stories and real life situations. 

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?

Not really. My inspiration today is Karen Kingsbury.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

When I was in High School, I had seriously entertained the idea. Life put that endeavor on the back burner. And of course life brought that opportunity back to me.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?

By the request of friends, family, and people I serve in the burn community. My authorship unfortunately was birthed out of tragedy yet refined by experience. (Jenny Here, I read about your book at your site and although you became an author out of tragedy I am sure this book is helping other).

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?

Teacher. I love teaching and would love to have my own school. I taught at our church Christian school for 10 years prior to my children becoming of school age, then I homeschooled our children until our tragic 1999 house fire. 

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?

Cook, bowl and shop for anything purple! 

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?

I would love to visit Australia. I am so fascinated with the spirit of freedom and uniqueness it exhibits.  (Jenny again I am sure you would love my country. there is so much uniqueness here.) 

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?

Karen Kingsbury because I so admire the real life issues she tackles in her books and the biblical Christian response to the dilemmas.

Phil Vischer because I think his Veggie Tale Idea was incredible and I have similar ideas and creativity for positive children shows floating around in my head.

My husband because I have dined with him for 25 years now and I will never tire of his love, company, and wisdom.

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.


The Circle of Fire is a firsthand account of our family’s journey through a four – alarm house fire in which we loss our twin son Amos and my other twin son Benjamin and I were severely injured. Readers will discover how tragedy is not a life sentence to despair, but by the grace of God, a stepping stone to greatness in him.

The Circle of Fire can be purchased at www.thecircleoffirebook.com where 100% of the proceeds benefit The Amos House of Faith. It can also be purchased at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other online retailers.

My first book of fiction Due Benevolence will be available Fall of 2012.   
The Amos House of Faith
Justina Page - Executive Director
Author of the The Circle of Fire
"Extend a helping hand - your heart will thank you!"
Follow us on
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ TheAmosHouse

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...