Pages

24 February 2012

Book Review In Too Deep by Mary Connealy

Book Description:
He casually agrees to a marriage of convenience... never expecting to fall in love with his bride. 

Ethan Kincaid proposes marriage with the same detachment he gives every decision. Audra Gilliland accepts his proposal so she can stop being a burden to her newly married stepdaughter. 

But Ethan never expected Audra to affect him so profoundly, and it terrifies him. Someone he loved was once seriously injured on his watch, and he won't let that happen again. If Audra will just do as he says, he can keep her safe from the dangers that lurk on the ranch. 

Audra has been cared for all her life by one man or another--and they've done a poor job of it. Now she's planning to stand up for herself. And her new husband had better agree or get out of her way! 

Can two fearful hearts--wary of getting in too deep--become two trusting hearts, willing to let go and fall in love?



My Review:
When I heard this book had been released I had to buy a copy and this time to ensure I could get the book quicker I bought a kindle verson.


This is the second book in the Kincaid Brides series and this time features Ethan and Audra. Where the first book features Rafe and Julia who are both very strong willed people who are use to giving orders, Ethan and Audra are more the peacemakers who grin and bear it. In Ethan's case literary. The more frustrated and annoyed he gets the more he smiles so people have no idea what he's thinking. I really liked Ethan from the first book and identified with him knowing what its like to be ordered around by others and how sometimes you just have to take it. Audra has decided to stick up for herself and be stronger as she feels shes a burden. When Ethan and Audra marry it's and interesting dynamic. Both have fears that they are a burden to others and both want to prove themselves but find this hard. We see both Ethan and Audra grow in this book and the more I read the more I liked them. I love some of the conversations with Ethan and Audra, its interesting how two people can be talking and both are talking thinking they are talking about the same things but are both talking about different subjects.  I have to mention Seth, he is the crazy brother who is obsessed with the cavern, I have a soft spot for Seth, I feel for him and love some of his scenes. He seems to go from crazy to sane to crazy again in a blink of the eye which makes for some interesting conversations. This book deals with fear and how a persons perception can control there life. As much as I enjoyed book one this book in my view is even better, I eagarly await the final book in this series which deals with Seth. Great read.

5 comments:

Nicole Watson said...

Oooh! Thanks Jenny, I saw this in the Kindle store the other day and added it to my wish list. Now I will just have to buy it!

Ausjenny said...

Nicole if you read the first book I am sure you will love this one.

Paula Vince said...

Having enjoyed the first book I won from this blog, I'll be interested to read this continuation. I liked Ethan and Audra too.

Unknown said...

i have enjoyed Mary's novels...will pick this one up, since you did such a great review on it. Thanks, Jenny

Anne Payne said...

I haven't read this one yet, but I think even after reading the first book I am still looking forward to reading Seth's story the most :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...