Beginning in 2012, Tribute Books will become solely an ebook publisher of young adult titles. We're looking to work with authors who are savvy with social media - those who blog, tweet and update their Facebook status on a daily basis. Our preference is for authors who already have a book(s) published through a royalty-paying press. We want to work with those who are familiar with the ins and outs of the publishing process. We seek those who have experience having their work edited and know the effort required for successful book promotion. There would be NO charge for authors, and those selected would receive 50% of the net retail price in royalties. To begin, we're looking to work with 12 authors in 2012, publishing one per month.
Nicole answers some of the questions about this exciting new venture.
1. Why the change into e-books for young adults?Our main reason is the explosion in popularity of e-readers such as the Kindle, Nook and iPad. Over the course of 2011, we've watched our ebook sales outpace our print sales by 2 to 1. The under $5 price point of most of our titles and the ease of purchase and delivery are surely contributing factors. No one age group integrates technology into their daily lifestyles like teenagers. They are constantly plugged in and connected 24/7 either by smart phone, electronic tablet, laptop, etc. They "get" ebooks.
2. How are you taking submissions? We're accepting submissions via email. Our email address is: email@example.com
3. What are the requirements for submission? We're looking for Microsoft Word documents with a maximum of 350 pages of text with no photos, charts, illustrations, graphs, etc. Manuscripts that have already been professionally edited will receive greater consideration. Our preference is to work with authors who have already been published through a royalty-paying press and who know the ins and outs of book promotion. An established social media platform is a must, and we will not consider writers who do not have a well-followed blog, Facebook page or Twitter account.
4. What kinds of young adult titles are you interested in? Our preference is for damn good writing, the particular topic is secondary in importance. However, books written with a series in mind or those that delve into the paranormal will have a slight edge.
5. Where will these ebooks be available? The ebooks will be available through Kindle, Nook, iPad, Smashwords and as PDF downloads through Tribute-Books.com.