Pages

30 October 2011

Book Review Bye Bye Bertie by Nancy Mehl

Bye Bye Bertie by Nancy Mehl


Ivy Towers is working hard to get Miss Bitty s Bygone Bookstore on its feet in Winter Break, Kansas, when she discovers a map hidden inside an old music box. Could the map lead her to the Lost Gambler s Gold? The legend of the ill-fated 1860s gambler had circulated among residents for as long as Ivy can remember. But when Ivy follows the directions to where X marks the spot, what she digs up uncovers a mystery that leads to more than she ever imagined. Lives will be changed, old secrets revealed, and Ivy will learn that lost treasure can sometimes turn out to be much more valuable than a chest full of gold.




My Review:
This is the second book in the Ivy Towers Mysteries. I loved the first book and this is no different. I joined up to the Heartsong presents Mystery club and have quite a few books still to read. I am trying to read a book from each state when I remembered this book is from Kansas and I needed to read a book from there so choose this one. I think Ivy has a wonderful job working in a bookstore and enjoying working with books. She comes across a map that she thinks could lead her to the Lost Gamber's Gold. Ivy digs up a mystery and here the fun starts. We also see her parents come to town and see how her Mother thinks she is wasting her life in the small town and its interesting seeing why she feels this. I loved the story and seeing the way the characters develop. A great read.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...