Pages

27 August 2010

Getting to know you Thursdays with Melanie Dobson


Today I have Melanie Dobson on my blog. I read Love finds you in Homestead Ohio and just loved the story and wanted to have Melanie on my blog. I have just spent time at her website and reading her adoption story is was really moving. Thanks for visiting Melanie.


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I’m blessed to be the mom of two busy girls. We live in the Pacific Northwest and enjoy spending our summers visiting playgrounds and hiking in the mountains. When the girls are in school, I love creating new characters and enjoy putting their stories on paper.

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?
One of my favorite first books was “Emily of New Moon.” Emily loved to write, and I wanted to be just like her.

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?
I love to read about everything except science fiction, but my favorite genres to write are historical romance and suspense. My latest novel, Refuge on Crescent Hill, is more of a mystery, and I enjoyed writing that as well.

4. When did you know you wanted to be an author?
I’ve been compelled to write ever since I began jotting down my thoughts into a bright red diary while I was in second grade. During middle school, my fascination with Nancy Drew pushed me to start a number of “mysteries,” but I discovered early in life that endings are hard to write so I never finished these stories.

After college, I pursued a career in public relations and journalism instead of fiction writing. I always thought I would start writing stories again when I was “older,” but it wasn’t until a few months before my thirtieth birthday that I realized I was indeed older. God renewed my passion for fiction, and a decade after the big 3-0, I’m still writing novels.

5. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?
I always wanted to be an archeologist when I was a child, but I liked the mysteries of the past more than the science of it. If I weren’t a writer today, I would probably be a librarian or work in the travel industry.

6. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?
I enjoy hiking, kayaking, and exploring deserted houses, ghost towns, and old cemeteries.

7. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?
In 2003 my husband and I spent four weeks backpacking across Europe, and we loved every place we visited. I would love to go back and spend more time in Austria and Switzerland.

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.

My last novelRefuge on Crescent Hill, released in May. This is a contemporary romantic suspense set in a dilapidated Ohio mansion—a mansion hiding a number of both past and present secrets. The Silent Order, my next romantic suspense novel, releases in the fall. This story is about a Cleveland detective hiding out in Ohio’s Amish country during the late 1920s and an Amish woman who can’t let him find out about her past. More information about these novels is at www.melaniedobson.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...