Pages

7 May 2010

Getting to know you Thursday with Jennifer Hudson Taylor

Please join me in welcoming Jennifer Hudson Taylor to my blog today. Jennifer has just released Highland blessing this month. Its been good getting to know Jennifer.



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I grew up in Greensboro, NC and I’ve always enjoyed reading stories and watching movies. I hoped I would have a little girl who would enjoy watching chick-flicks with me, and God answered that prayer. We have one daughter, and while she doesn’t like to read as much as I do, she does enjoy movies. My other hobby is genealogy research and I love traveling and seeing new places.

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?

When I was real small, I enjoyed Chicken Little and The Ugly Duckling. As I grew older, I loved reading the Sweet Valley High novels about the twins, Jessica and Elizabeth. (Jenny here I also read the Sweet Valley High novels as a child I loved a fairy tale book with the Ungly Duckling and the Snow Queen.)

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?

Yes, Historical Christian Fiction.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?

In the early 90’s, I spent a lot of time reading historical romance novels by Julie Garwood, Judith McNaught, Catherine Coulter, and Theresa Medeiros. Some of those novelists have moved on to write contemporary romantic suspense and/or paranormal.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

When I was 12.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?

I just started writing. I did everything the hard way—trial and error. I discovered Romance Writers of America on the Internet and flew out to Dallas in 1996 to my first national conference. My writing was nowhere near ready, but that didn’t stop me from pitching it to a Berkley editor. It was then that I discovered how much I needed to learn.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?

I’m not sure what else I’d like to do other than travel. My day job is in marketing and communications, but I could not be content to do that alone.

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?

Ice skating, hiking, traveling, long walks—much like Jane Austen’s characters. I’m determined to go white water rafting and parasailing one day. I love the sea as long as there isn’t a hurricane around. And yes, long walks on the beach are very delightful.

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?

I would love to visit Scotland, but I haven’t made it there, yet. Other than that, I enjoy the coast.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?

Joyce Meyer, Beth Moore, and I’m not sure of the third person. I believe they would provide a good dose of wisdom and inspiration that would charge me up and keep me going for quite a while.

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will
be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.

Highland Blessings, May 2010, Scotland (1473)
Highland warrior Bryce MacPhearson kidnaps Akira MacKenzie on her wedding day to honor a promise he made to his dying father. When he forces Akira to wed him, hoping to end a half-century feud between their clans, she struggles to overcome her anger and resentment. . .Yet her strength in the Lord becomes a witness to Bryce. But there is a traitor in their midst . . . and murder is the ultimate weapon.

Highland Sanctuary, October 2011, Caithness, Scotland (1477)
Highland warrior Bryce MacPhearson kidnaps Akira MacKenzie on her wedding day to honor a promise he made to his dying father. When he forces Akira to wed him, hoping to end a half-century feud between their clans, she struggles to overcome her anger and resentment. . .Yet her strength in the Lord becomes a witness to Bryce. But there is a traitor in their midst . . . and murder is the ultimate weapon.

You can find me on the Web at my website:
http://www.jenniferhudsontaylor.com


5 comments:

Sandra Heska King said...

Great interview! I'd love to eat with Joyce and Beth. And my third choice would be Kay Arthur. :)

Renee Escue said...

I read Highland Blessings this week and couldn't put it down. It began as an "I'm going to read a chapter or two before I fall asleep" to "OMG! I have an hour and a half before I have to get up for work. . .at least I finished the book." Looking forward to Highland Sanctuary:

Highland Sanctuary is the story of a chieftain heir who is hired to restore the ancient Castle of Braigh. Gavin MacKenzie discovers a hidden village of outcasts that have created their own private sanctuary from the world. Among them is Serena Boyd, a mysterious and comely lass, who captures Gavin’s heart. The villagers have an intriguing secret, while Serena harbors a deadly past that could destroy her future. When a fierce enemy launches an attack against them, greed leads to bitter betrayal. As Gavin prepares a defense, the villagers unite in a bold act of faith, showing how God’s love is more powerful than any human force on earth.

Jennifer Taylor said...

Sandra, Great choice!

Jennifer Taylor said...

Renee, I'm sorry you lost sleep, but I'm glad you enjoyed Highland Blessings! Thanks for the plug on Highland Sanctuary.

Ausjenny said...

thanks for all the comments.
If I had a chance to have a meal with 3 people it would be hard but I would choice Gilbert Morris,
Possibly Michael W Smith.
and my third would be a cricketer from South Africa Neil McKenzie.
But if one couldn't come I would then ask Cheryl Wyatt as she also likes cricket and I think It would be good to have another woman there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...