Pages

27 May 2010

Getting to know you Thursday with K.M. Daughters

Please welcome to my web today K. M. Daughters. They are a sister team and I found it interesting learning about them and learning about there books.



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

Pat: I’m the elder sister by 3 ½ years and I remember the day Kathie was born. J I certainly didn’t realize then that it was one of the luckiest days in my life. I recall longing for my parents to take that baby back from whence she came. I’m married and the mother of three: two daughters and a stepson. I live in the Chicago suburbs near my youngest married daughter. My eldest daughter lives in the San Diego area and my stepson lives in Chicago.

Kathie: While Pat transferred many times within the U.S., I still live in our hometown in northern New Jersey. I’m married to my “sort of” high school sweetheart. We didn’t attend the same high school, but we started dating when I was a teenager. I’m the mother of two sons and the grandmother of three: two granddaughters and a grandson.

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?

Pat & Kathie: Our Dad’s books. What lucky kids!

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and write?

Pat & Kathie: We gobble up romantic suspense novels. We delight in writing in this genre, also. But our inspirational romance writing brings us a different, fulfilling joy. It’s similar to praying for us.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?

Pat: There’s a huge list of authors who inspired me in many fiction genres. Kathleen Woodiwiss, Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb head the list of romance authors.

Kathie: I agree with Pat. Our Mom subscribed to the Silhouette Desire fan club and received monthly shipments of romance releases by various authors. Mom read each book and then passed it on to me – such a luxury, since our family budget was very limited back then.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

Kathie: During that time Mom and I shared the passion to read romance novels. I absolutely wanted to write them, too. Even though my boys were small, I somehow found the time to produce two manuscripts. They weren’t published.  And probably never will be, either.

Pat: I always wanted to be an author. Unlike Kathie, I was too scared to try. With her encouragement I wrote a novel at the time my kids left the “nest”, also unpublished – probably forever.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?

Pat and Kathie: With our penchant for story telling, we embarked on learning the craft of novel writing.  Major steppingstones were:
We attended the Iowa Summer Writers Festival at the University of Iowa – a humbling, grueling, yet infinitely informative experience.
We joined the Romance Writers of America and gleaned knowledge by attending workshops on the craft, technique and business of writing.
We entered contests, and as finalists, we received affirmation, encouragement and invaluable critique to improve our novels.
We researched publishers – their submission requirements, reputation, author lists – and assessed what they offered authors, where our work might fit.
We selected The Wild Rose Press, submitted, and praise the Lord, we were offered two contracts on the same day.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?

Pat and Kathie: A pro on Dancing With The Stars. Imagine being able to dance like that? And have the requisite bodies to wear those costumes?

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?

Pat: Walking with my sister, sister trips, playing the piano, knitting, traveling with my husband, watching movies and spending time with my children.

Kathie: Walking with my sister, sister trips, crocheting, traveling, watching moves, spending time with my children and playing with my grandchildren.

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?

Pat: I love to visit Palm Springs, Tuscany and New Jersey.

Kathie: I love to visit the Outer Banks, Vermont and Chicago.

Pat and Kathie: Universal Studios Orlando, Disneyworld, Fatima, Lourdes and Medjugorje.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?

Pat and Kathie: Rob Pattinson because it would be a waking dream. Nora Roberts because she is the romance author we admire most. Vicka Ivankovic, one of the six visionaries of Medjugorje because Our Lady of Medjugorje has related her life story to Vicka (to be revealed at Our Lady’s direction in the future). Perhaps Vicka would impart some of this amazing story to us. 

Available Now:

From White Rose Publishing (http://www.whiterosepublishing.com)
Inspirational Romance:

JEWEL OF THE ADRIATIC
A nightgown model and a soap opera star meet in Valselo, a Croatian village where millions believe the Mother of God appears to three visionaries. Yugoslavian born Maya Lidovic owns Intimate Whispers, a New York based sleepwear company. Determined not to lose her faith in a secular world, she spends her vacations leading tours in Valselo where her parents run an inn. Colin O'Reilly plays heartthrob, Dr. Brock Stone, on the soap opera Tides Of Tomorrow. Through various setbacks in life he's managed to keep God first. But now he's furious at God for taking his mother. Colin doesn't believe that God has sent the Virgin Mary to earthwith messages of hope. He doesn't believe that God cares about the world. A series of apparitions, prophetic dreams and earthy attraction draw these different people together. Human frailties obscure the intention of the call that brought them to their destinies. 

ROSE OF THE ADRIATIC
Wounded and faithless, Dr. Matthew Robbins arrives in a small Croatian village determined to discredit the visionary who claims to see the Mother of God. Matt believes only proven facts, and he's sure Anna Babic is either lying or delusional. But, despite all his unpopular testing, he can’t disprove Anna’s visions--and what's worse, he finds himself falling for the beautiful visionary who speaks with the blessed Virgin Mary.

Anna has experienced skeptics in the past, and they've never left a lasting effect. But Matt is different. Despite his open disbelief and vehemence to discredit her, she finds herself hoping he'll change his mind. 

Drawn together as if by a heavenly hand, can Anna choose a life as the wife to her unlikely match?  Can Matt believe on faith alone that God loves him enough to heal him and free him to love Anna? 

Other books.

Crimson Rose:


Inspirational Romance:


The Sullivan Boys Romantic Suspense Series:

AGAINST DOCTORS ORDERS
BEYOND THE CODE OF CONDUCT
CAPTURING KARMA

Coming Soon: Book 4, ALL’S FAIR IN LOVE AND LAW

From Sapphire Blue Publishing (http://www.sapphirebluepublishing.com)
Contemporary Romance:

PAST, PRESENT AND FOREVER
  
Visit “The Daughters” at: http://www.kmdaughters.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun it must be to co-writing sisters! :D

Both of these books sound fascinating.

K.M. Daughters said...

Hi Delia - It is wonderful writing together. Thank you for stopping by. If you have a chance to read either/or Jewel and Rose of the Adriatic...or both :-), please let us know what you think.
Blessings - K.M. Daughters
http://www.kmdaughters.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...