Pages

25 February 2010

Getting to Know you Thursday with Cecelia Dowdy

Please welcome Cecelia Dowdy to my blog today. I have loved Cecelia's books and have enjoyed learning more about her.



1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I'm a Christian and I love books! Reading and writing are my passions!

2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?
I loved reading Nancy Drew mysteries and Laura Ingalls Wilder books! Those are the two that stick in my mind the most! But I read almost every kind of fiction that I could get my hands on! I got most of my reading material from the bookmobile that came to our neighborhood every other week! (Jenny here I loved the Laura Ingalls Wilder books too.)

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?
Mostly Christian contemporary fiction. I enjoy romance and women's fiction, but I'll try just about any genre.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?
Not really. I can't think of an author that influenced me, per se.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?
I was about twenty-eight years old. I was on my lunch break and I didn't have a book to read, so I started writing my own book. I've been writing ever since!

6. How did you go about becoming an author?
I just made time to write! I didn't have a husband and family at the time, which made it a bit easier for me to find time to devote to my writing. When I first started, I didn't have a computer, so I'd write my stuff out in long-hand and then type it up on my computer at my job! Needless to say, I didn't do that for very long! I got a second-hand computer, to use for my writing and I also joined Romance Writers of America (RWA). I made my first book sale to Crossings Book Club, and my second book sale to Love Inspired, as a direct result from contacts I'd made through RWA.
 
Later, after American Christian Romance Writers (now American Christian Fiction Writers - ACFW) was formed, I joined that group, too.
 
7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?
I'd probably be an editor, agent, or a pastry chef! I'd also think it'd be really cool to own my own bakery!

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?
I love to bake sweets! Cakes, cookies, pies... you name it!

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?
I love visiting hot tropical places, like the Caribbean! I love beautiful, lush, blue beaches and white sand!

Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.
My next release will be Chesapeake Weddings! It'll come out in April 2010, and it's a re-release of my novels, John's Quest, Milk Money, and Bittersweet Memories in one volume! -
Chesapeake Weddings -Coming April 2010!
ISBN: 978-1602608023
Re-release of 
John's QuestMilk Money and Bittersweet Memories in one volume! Preorder your copy now!
Relax along Maryland’s Chesapeake Bay as you read about three strong African American women who suddenly face upheaval in life. Monica is caring for her abandoned nephew and trying to pick the proper tutor for him. Emily is struggling to save the family farm when a CPA turns up to do an audit. Karen has been deceived by her fiancĂ©, and now she’s expected to trust a neighbor who knows too much of her business. Can God rebuild their tattered lives with new loves? Life sends three African American women into a tailspin. Monica’s blind nephew has been abandoned with her. Emily works to save her dairy farm after her father dies. Karen’s fiancĂ© turned into an embezzler. Can these women let God rebuild their tattered hopes when new romances unexpectedly enter their lives?
 
You can find me at www.ceceliadowdy.com
You can also find me at www.ceceliadowdy.blogspot.com - be sure to visit my blog! I give away a box of novels each month to one winner! Stop by and leave a comment to enter the drawing!

(Jenny here for any Aussies out there I found at least one of Cecelia's books at koorong when I was there in January.)

3 comments:

Cecelia Dowdy said...

Thanks for hosting me today, Jenny! Doing the interview was fun! I think it's cool that you found one of my books in Australia! I've told a few people that you've seen my novel in a store over there!

Karen Lange said...

Great interview! Thanks to both of you for sharing it. The books look wonderful:)

rhonda mcknight said...

Nice interview. I remember the Bookmobiles. We needs those to come back to the communities.

I have never written long hand. I can't imagine writing without a computer.

Looking forward to the new book, Cecelia. Thanks for featuring her down under.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...