Pages

11 February 2010

Getting to Know you Thursday with Cassie Greutman

Welcome to Getting to know you Thursday with Cassie Greutman. Welcome Cassie thanks for taking the time to visit us today. 
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
The biggest thing I identify myself with is my family. I’m twenty and still living at home. I have eleven adopted siblings, nine of which are from Ukraine and two biological sisters. I worked at an ambulance service until November, when Ukraine accepted our family’s paperwork. I quit my job to help my mom homeschool. Now I write, run volunteer for the local fire station, teach music and English and work part time for a local company. Keeps me pretty busy.


2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?
The Enchanted Forest Chronicles. I think they are what got me started on fantasy. From the moment I finished the last one, I was always looking for something new with dragons in it.


3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?
Definitely fantasy. I love being able to create a world with different rules. 


4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?
I devoured Dee Henderson’s books. I was always amazed at the stories she created. Also, Donna Fleisher, who wrote the book Wounded Healer was a major influence. She took the time to reply to my gushing email, then helped me out with my book. I’ll always appreciate her. (Jenny here I love Donna Fleisher's books also she also replied to my email and was really sweet.)


5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?
When I read a book, didn’t like the ending and thought about how I would have changed it. I won’t mention what book.


6. How did you go about becoming an author?
I spent a lot of time on the Internet reading different blogs and websites about writing. There is a lot of helpful stuff out there. After I thought I had most of the basics down, I went to an ACFW conference, which was amazing. I hope to be able to continue to do that for years to come.


7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?
I just bought an Arabian and hope to breed her next spring. What could be more amazing than having foals running around as a business?


8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?
Ride. We have several horses here at home. If I had more time, I’d be out in the barn a lot.


9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?
Venice. I’ve never been there, but it looks like an amazing place.


10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?
I had this wish answered at the conference I attended! I was able to eat several meals with my favorite authors.




Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.
I have a book out that I self-published. I wrote it when I was sixteen and then decided to out it out this year. It’s a young adult fantasy about a boy who’s friend is poisoned and he has to get a group of friends together to go after the cure in enemy territory.
I just finished my second manuscript, a fantasy about a fighter pilot who is called to another world to help fight their civil war. I hope to go the traditional route with this manuscript.
As for me on the Internet, I have a Facebook account and tweet on Twitter now and then. I’m working on a website, but it isn’t finished yet.


(Cassie now has a website http://cassiegreutman.com/ )

1 comment:

Karen Lange said...

Fun interview! Thanks for sharing it:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...