Pages

10 September 2009

Getting to know you Thursday with Rachel Hauck

Welcome Rachel to Getting to know your Thursdays. Its good to Have Rachel Hauck visiting with us today. Welcome


1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?

I'm married to a fabulous man who is my best friend. I live in Florida and have been writing full time for 5 years. Wow! The time goes by so fast.


2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?

I loved the Little House Books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (Jenny here I loved those books too)

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?

I love to write and read romance, but I am a big fan of literary books that have a strong emotional story. I like romance that is unique and off beat, not the classic "bodice ripper" formulaic story.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?

I'm not sure I had a favorite growing up, but I knew when a book impacted me.

5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

I was ten when I started my first book. Too young and immature to finish it, I went on to other things like playing with my friends. There's a thread in all my journals about me wanting to be a writer. I wasn't sure it would happen, but praise God it did.

6. How did you go about becoming an author?

I started reading book with a Christian world view in the early '90s as it began to make an appearance on the fiction horizon. One day I came up with my own idea and decided, now is the time. So, I wrote a book. Took me 2 years to write and rewrite. I attended conferences and started meeting other writers. I joined American Christian Fiction Writers and. . . here I am. I worked at writing as well as networking.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?

Good question! Since I always wanted to be writer, I don't have an answer. A lawyer I guess. Clarence Darrow said inside every lawyer there's a wreck of a poet. Maybe inside every writer is a wreck of a lawyer.

8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?

I love sports. I love a good prayer and worship service. I go to the gym several times a week. I like to watch movies and sitcom reruns.

9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?

I loved visiting Australia! I would like to see Normandy. Just thinking about it makes me teary-eyed.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?

President Obama to see if he's really what he appears to be. And I'd want to tell him the wisest man who ever lived, Solomon, knew he could not govern without God's wisdom. So he asked for wisdom and became rich in many ways.

I'd want to have lunch with Keith Urban, look him square in the eye and say, "Jesus loves you."

I'd want to have lunch with my "all my friends" throughout my life and tell them what an impact they've had on me!


Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.

My next book is with platinum selling country artist Sara Evans. The release date was recently changed to January 2010. Check out our web sites for more information! http://rachelhayeshauck.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Rachel Hauck said...

Thanks for this post, Jenny. I think I didn't answer one of the questions fully!

# 5. I knew I wanted to be a writer from a young girl. There's a thread in all my journals about me wanting to be a writer. I wasn't sure it would happen, but praise God it did.

Thanks Jenny!

Jenny said...

Great interview, ladies - and I loved the twist on the Clarence Darrow qoute. :)

I am *really* looking forward to The Sweet By & By!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...