Pages

30 July 2009

Getting to know you Thursdays with Lena Nelson Dooley


Today one Getting to know you Thursday we welcome Lena Nelson Dooley. thanks Lena for helping us get to know you more.

1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?


I'm an empty-nester, who is now a full-time author. My husband and I live in Texas, though I grew up in Arkansas. We met just before I graduated from college. Several times a year, I speak at writers' meetings, women's meetings, or conferen



2. When you were a child did you have a favourite book or books?

When I was a child, we didn't have TV. We went to the library a lot. I was a big reader, so I loved books. Early on, there were books about The Five Little Peppers. Later I read most of the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books. I loved the Heidi books, too.

3. Do you have a favourite Genre to both read and right write?



I have very eclectic tastes in reading. I do love most women's fiction, romance, romantic suspense, mystery. I only read Christian books now, because I miss the spiritual thread in other books, even those that are well-written.

4. Did you have favourite authors growing up who have influenced you?


I liked Louisa May Alcott and Margaret Mitchell


5. When did you know you wanted to be an author?

I've written things all my life, but just considered that part of life. I didn't know everyone didn't write until I married a man who didn't like to read or write. I didn't really consider becoming an author until God told me to in 1984. You can read about it on my web site: http://www.lenanelsondooley.com/ . It's at the bottom of the main page.


6. How did you go about becoming an author?


I didn't know any other authors when I started. I didn't really know that much about writing. I just wrote a novel and started trying to sell it. It took about 8 years.

7. If you were not a writer what would you like to be?


I've done a lot of things over my lifetime. I'm totally happy being an author at this time in my life, but if I wasn't an author, maybe I'd be a travel agent. I love to travel.


8. Outside reading and writing what do you like to do?


Spend time with my husband, time with family and friends, travel, go to movies when there's one we want to see (We're very selective).


9. Do you have a place you love to visit or would love to visit?


I have a list of places I'd like to go. Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Hawaii, Norway, and Sweden.

10. If you could have a meal with 3 living people who would you choose and why?


Sarah Palin, George Bush, and my husband. I think both of these people are fascinating, and I wouldn't want to go without my dear husband.


Finally can you tell us about your current books and/or any that will be coming out soon. Also where we can find you on the web.


Actually, I had two books release in May, one in July, and will have two in September. You can read all about the books that have released on my website. They are: Wild Prairie Roses, The Prairie Romance Collection, and Cranberry Hearts. The upcoming books are a historical and a contemporary Christmas novella collection - Wild West Christmas (my first Texas book) and Christmas Love at Lake Tahoe.












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...