Published by: GBH Press
Release Date: Dec. 7, 2008
Dim.: 8.5in X 11in
Release Date: Dec. 7, 2008
Dim.: 8.5in X 11in
10 Super Snacks to Super Size Your Healthy Lifestyle
1. A sandwich made with low-calorie bread (40 calories a slice), fat-free mayo and low-calorie ham and/or cheese (30 calories a slice) cut up in four pieces and arranged nicely on a plate
2. A sugar-free Popsicle in the summer or sugar-free hot chocolate in the winter
3. A smoothie made in a blender with fat-free milk, ice cubes and sugar-free hot chocolate mix (25 calories) or fruit with artificial sweetener
4. A baked apple—cut up, seasoned with nutmeg and cooked in the microwave for a few minutes, topped with fat-free margarine
5. A steaming bowl of low-calorie soup or a package of instant oatmeal—cooked in the microwave after adding water
6. Bruschetta—a whole grain slice of bread or large cracker, topped with a slice of tomato and low-fat cheese on top—microwaved for a few seconds to warm it up and melt the cheese
7. A 100-calorie bag of lite microwave popcorn
8. A raw vegetable platter, with a variety of vegetables—cut up in little pieces and arranged nicely on a plate, with a serving of fat-free dressing in the middle. Or several stalks of celery stuffed with fat-free cream cheese—seasoned to taste
9. A parfait—served in a tall glass filled with 4 ounces of plain yogurt, layered with fruit (no sugar added) and topped with a pinch of Grape Nuts or other high-fiber cereal
10. Little carrots served with spinach dip—fat-free sour cream, seasoned with dry soup mix and raw chopped spinach (defrosted, if frozen, with all of the water squeezed out of it)
What Others Are Saying...
"I lost 40 pounds in 12 weeks while reading
Guided By Him!"
"I lost nine
pounds in a Bible Study Group that used Guided By Him."
"I loved leading the group! It was fun,
easy and took very little preparation."
Ginger- Group Leader
Check out these chapter titles:
Tootsie Roll Tug-of-War
Do Broken Cookies Count?
Is Fudge My Fortress?
Pick up My What???
How Can I Get This Mountain off of Me?
I Have Let Myself Go. Is It Too Late to Get the Old ME Back?
About Guided by Him
Lose the Weight...Lose the Worry!
Mother and Daughter Team Up to
Share the Plan
(Birmingham, AL) - Does the idea of starting a diet make you hungry? Can you eat more than your children's combined weight in twinkies? Don't worry! Help is on the way. Author Julie Morris, RN, and her daughter, Sarah Morris Cherry, have developed a proven method for losing weight and keeping it off permanently. The Guided By Him method not only helps people lose weight, it also helps participants learn how to cope with stress. After years of struggling with her weight, Julie has developed a strategic, humor-filled plan designed to keep participants motivated, laughing, learning and yes, even eating.
In Guided By Him, readers embark on an adventure in weight loss. Julie and Sarah use uplifting scriptures, thought-provoking questions, daily devotionals and fun-filled food facts to ensure readers keep a positive, light attitude toward learning a leaner lifestyle. Julie's experience as a nurse and Sarah's knowledge as a certified counselor, make this a pair of enthusiastic, highly qualified coaches. This study could be used alone in the comfort of home or led in a group setting. It's great for casual girlfriend meetings, church small groups and even the lunchroom at work! Accountability questions keep participants honest and real with themselves and others.
About the Authors
Julie Morris and Sarah Morris Cherry
Julie Morris is a wife, mother, nurse, author and teacher. Since 8 years of age Julie has struggled to control her weight. That struggle of overeating, along with high blood pressure, sent her searching for a solution. After discovering the Christian 12 steps she began seeking God's guidance toward health and wholeness. Now, 25 years later, she's excited to share these tips with others. She is the founder of the Step Forward weight loss program. Guided by Him is a lighter, easier version of Step Forward, for today's busier lifestyles.
Sarah Morris Cherry is a wife, new mother and Licensed Professional Counselor. She has counseled people from two to 92. Whatever the age, she enjoys teaching people new ways to deal with stress as well as facts for healthy living. She coaches them with simple things they can do to become more like the people they want to be. She speaks from experience, having overcome many overwhelming health problems by putting these concepts into practice.
Come back tomorrow for an interview with Sarah and Julie
Also for a chance to win this book if 10 people leave a comment on my blog you will be in the with a chance to win 3 books. but 10 people need to comment first.
You have to Wednesday the 11th to comment (thats 6pm aussie time)