Pages

22 December 2008

Christmas Focus with Elaine Littau

Christmas Focus with Elaine Littau

Today Elaine Littau is here to share here christmas memories with us. Thanks for coming Elaine.


1. For you what do you most associate with Christmas where you live?
You are so kind to invite me to your blog. Thank you so much. I love Christmas. My husband and I marvel when people complain about the Christmas holidays being hectic because we love it. There is excitement in the air and everything is very festive.

2. Do you have any special family traditions you do at Christmas time?
Every since I was a little girl my family and I loaded up into the car and drove around our little town and looked at the pretty lights. My husband and I carried on the tradition with our children and even as empty-nesters, we love to drive around the neighborhoods and see the decorations.
(Jenny here this is something I do each year also.)

3. Do you have a favorite christmas Carol and if so do you know why?
I enjoy the tradition of Christmas carolling. My favorite Christmas carol has always been "Silent Night", but close favorites are "Good King Wenceslas" and "The First Noel". "Silent Night" was the carol that I was able to play on the piano or organ. Other carols are so musically complicated. I think that is why they are so majestic. "Silent Night" is simple and lovely. Musically, I love "The Hallelujah Chorus". It is inspiring and a joy to sing with a good choir. I guess I love them all.

4. If you could spend Christmas anyway you could how would you celebrate?
Any time I can spend with my sons and their families is precious. We play in the snow, if we have any, or just lounge around and laugh at the funny little things the children do. We cook together and play board games. Scrabble and Balderdash are favorites in our family.

5. Do you have any special memories of Christmas?
When I was 3 yrs old my mother and dad got me a "walking doll". She was as tall as I was and I was afraid of her. Mom gave her a hug and I got very jealous. It was really funny. Mom and Dad always made Christmas fun for me. (My brothers and sisters were grown and gone when I was born.)

6. What is a typical Christmas eve and or Christmas day for you?
We always opened our presents from one another on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning we wake up to the presents from Santa Claus. Santa always spilled wrapped candies all over our floor for the boys. They felt like maybe Santa had something against them when they talked to their friends about having to pick up the candy from the floor when their friends got their candy from their Christmas stockings along with other presents. We always bought each boy a medium priced item and a small item. We felt that two presents were enough from us for them. We wanted them to remember that Christmas is all about Jesus.

7. Do you have any Christmas movies or Christmas books you like to see or read each year?
In the first grade I saw "The Littlest Angel" I loved it. I also love "White Christmas" and "Its a Wonderful Life". I have really enjoyed "The Christmas Shoes" since it was made.
(Jenny again Christmas Shoes is my favourite movie and always makes me cry as does the song)

8. Do you have a Christmas message for my readers? Enjoy family and friends at Christmas?
Forgive those who hurt you on purpose or who don't know that they have offended you. Express love lavishly because you never know who might not be around next Christmas. Love with all your heart just as the Father loved us in giving us our Savior. Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...