Pages

16 December 2008

Book review, A Taste of Murder by Virginia Smith


Book Description:
Who murdered a small-town beauty-pageant judge—in a very strange way? Jasmine Delaney must find out. Because she's taken the victim's place. She came to the Kentucky Bar-B-Q festival for a wedding, eager to meet the bride's handsome brother, Derrick Rogers. Yet she's suddenly surrounded by pint-size contestants whose competitive parents will do anything to ensure the crown. Even kill? Derrick fears she's the killer's next target and promises to keep a close eye on her. Yet someone is already watching Jazzy's every move. Someone who's had a taste of murder. And is hungry for more.

My Review:
I recently finished this book and really enjoyed it. Its set in Kentucky and I did learn some things about the local food. I now know what a Burgoo is. What I love about this book is it mentions Shoutlife a Christian site I am actually a member off. Jasmine and her trio of musicians come to play at a wedding and encounter a murder. Enter the Brides brother who invited them to play. Oh did I mention hes cute and Jasmine likes him! Derrick wants to protect Jasmine. I just loved some of the scenes between these two, add a 4 legged friend and it was pure magic. There are alot of twists and turns which add to the story. 4.5 out of 5 for the book.
Well worth reading.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...